Happy 2016! This year promises to be a busy year for the Vermont Cancer Survivor Network and Kindred Connections. Check out this issue of our Newsletter for details on:
Happy 2016! This year promises to be a busy year for Kindred Connections and the Survivor Network. Check out this issue of our Newsletter for details on:
- The Fourth Annual Chili Cook-off in support of VCSN happens on March 20th.
- Vermont Cancer Awareness Day at the Statehouse on March 24th.
- Our first Complimentary and Integrative Medicine Program on April 2nd.
- Stowe Weekend of Hope will be the weekend of April 29-May 1.
- Our Second Annual Survivor Day Celebration will be on June 4th.
- Our Annual Kindred Connections Celebration will be in the Fall.
Behind the scenes, members of the Network will be collaborating with members of the state cancer coalition to create a cancer survivor resource website that will cover resources across the state. This is a major undertaking, supported by a grant to VCSN from the Vermont Community Foundation.
Also happening this year is a formal evaluation of our Kindred Connections program by the Vermont Department of Health as part of the new Vermont State Cancer Plan. This will give us valuable information as we look to grow the program.
We’re sorry to note that our Treasurer, Lorri Otis, will be leaving the Board this year. We are looking to fill that position and one more seat on the Board. If you are interested, or want more information, please contact me at email@example.com.
None of this would be happening without the great work by our Program Manager, Sherry Rhynard and the volunteers on our Board of Directors, Kindred Connection leaders and members and the communities that support us so we can support them. I’m looking forward to a productive year as we continue to be “The voice for cancer survivors”.
Co-founder and President